Roger Burlton defining Business Architecture
See our expertise in action with case studies of how we helped clients across multiple industries
We most value a holistic, common sense and value focused work philosophy.
We believe in looking at all perspectives of business issues and balancing criteria for the solution to ensure optimum fit.
Over a period of 10 years I have had several excellent engagements with the Process Renewal Group. They have trained, mentored and consulted on the subjects of Business Process Management, Business Process Analysis /Modeling, and Strategic Capability Roadmapping. Their methodology and their actionable insights regarding how businesses can determine and improve what is most important to work on, both operationally and strategically, have made a significant impact on my organization’s performance.
The Process Renewal Group played a pivotal role in several major initiatives I was delivering. They helped us understand which areas of the business had to improve to deliver our chosen strategy, several of which were not originally on the focus list but were subsequently validated as the initiatives progressed. They brought a holistic approach to understanding business performance drivers and helped us understand what needed to improve to achieve our objectives. And through these engagements, they helped institute a cultural change towards the role of business processes which continues today. Their success with these engagements has led to further partnership with Process Renewal Group in other areas of the organization.
Process Renewal Group was our ideal partner for translating our transformation goals into concrete actionable plans to ensure alignment and traceability. I had the opportunity to work with PRG on two occasions, once with a major Canadian Financial Institution and again with a major Canadian Digital Media company. In both cases, I was extremely satisfied with the breadth and depth of their recommendations to drive improved organizational performance through their process-centric and Customer focused approach.
HOW CAN WE HELP? +1 905-237-2936
Why attend this event in 2019:
- Europe’s only co-located conferences on BPM and Enterprise Architecture. This event provides a unique opportunity to discover the latest approaches and innovative ideas to both BPM and Enterprise Architecture and benefit from the synergies between them. Choose to attend 1, 2, 3 or 4 days of the event. Delegates can attend sessions at both conferences. The event includes a track devoted to Business Architecture.
- Designed by Practitioners for Practitioners. Being neither analyst nor vendor-led, the conferences provide diverse and wide-ranging perspectives on BPM, Enterprise Architecture and Business Architecture, informed by practical experience.
- Case studies and contributors in 2018 included: Zurich Insurance, Fidelity, Aberdeen Standard Investments, Centrica, Nationwide, ABN Amro, Fidelity, Ministry of Immigration and Integration Denmark, APG, NATS, DNB Bank, Copenhagen Airports, KPMG Digital Norway, Capita Transformation, Renault-Nissan Consulting, Admiral Group, Yorkshire Building Society, University College London, Department of Internal Affairs New Zealand, FNSS Defence Systems, de Volksbank, Wells Fargo, SQS Ireland, National Bank of Oman, Communication and Information Technology Commission (CITC) Saudi Arabia, Farm Frites Poland, Kautex Textron GMBH and many more …
- Get Value for Money. Choose from more than 70 sessions, with 2 tracks on BPM, 2 tracks on Enterprise Architecture and 1 track exclusively on Business Architecture. Whether you are just getting started or looking for more advanced knowledge you will find sessions that address issues you are facing and people who can advise you.
- Conference Workshops. Choose from an unparalleled range of workshops on specific topics to get you quickly up-to-speed or fine tune your performance on the first and the last day of the event.
- Excellent mix of vision, theory and implementation. Discover new approaches and innovative ideas, while at the same time learning from organisations who have benefited from implementing world-class BPM and EA approaches and solutions.
- Established, recognized and respected conferences. These conferences have brought practitioners, experts and thought-leaders together from around the world for many years, uncovering strategies for success in delivering world-class products, services, processes and systems.
- Exhibition and Networking Opportunities. Network with an outstanding group of BPM and EA delegates and speakers. BPM and EA solution providers will be available during the conference days to demonstrate the latest in software and services available and give you the benefit of their insights.
Business Architecture provides a strong foundation for business-wide transformation, digitization and optimization and is the basis for having an agile business. Given the inherent complexities, making the right choices in what to change is not simple. Avoiding duplication and sub-optimization means that all of the moving parts must be classified, well understood and inter-connected before change can confidently begin. Business Architecture subject areas are numerous. Processes and capabilities and other important domains are complex enough. Being able to find the interconnections among them is even more so. A well-formed Business Architecture can help untangle the confusion and deliver inherently adaptable solutions.
This session will introduce some of the critical elements needed.
- Stakeholder Value Orientation
- Business Concepts / Information models
- Business Processes
- Business Capabilities
- Business Measurement
- Change Prioritization
- Process / Capability Alignment
What happens when you automate a broken process? What happens when you implement a brand-new system where the old process will no longer work? In a manufacturing environment the result would be the same defects only faster!! In business it is not much different, except the cause of defects can be much harder to spot. Improving business processes is necessary whenever implementing any new technology or seeking to optimize and gain efficiency.
This session is designed primarily for practitioners who are starting their journey in process improvement, or those who are looking for a refresher and some new ideas.
In this session you will learn how to:
Identify if a business process is in need of improvement
Understand and document existing processes
Develop a prioritized list of issues and potential areas of improvement
Determine root causes and potential solutions
Synthesize the various solutions into a coherent improvement effort
Plan and implement the improvement effort
Do you have an upcoming project you would like to discuss?
Do you have any critical strategic objectives you want to achieve?
Get it in touch with us, and one of our team members will reach out as soon as possible